House Rules and Policies
NO PARTIES OR EVENTS
Our cabins are not suitable for parties. Such events are hard on our furniture, plumbing, and appliances and we don’t allow them.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in time is 4:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am.
You will receive a full refund if cancellation occurs more than 14 days before arrival; No refunds within 14 days of arrival. Initiate the cancellation by sending an email to email@example.com. You may also call/text Chelsea or Bobby at 510-606-6377.
If your canceled dates get re-booked, we may offer you a partial refund at our discretion. If you book through Airbnb/VRBO, those cancellation policies will apply.
We strongly encourage you to consider purchasing a separate low-cost travel insurance policy that can provide you coverage for last-minute cancellations.
TRASH REMOVAL FEE ($150)
Like many cabins in the area, we do not have regular trash pickup and we, therefore, require guests to dispose of their own trash either by taking it home or to the local dump on their way out of town.
If you choose to leave trash behind we will withhold a $150 trash removal fee from your security deposit. This fee is waived for bookings that check out on either Wednesdays or Thursdays, or on days when the dump, is closed). There is a convenient free trash dump on your way out of town in Avery (more directions/instructions provided after booking).
Note: Pinecone Cottage now has an outdoor bear box, which may make trash disposal easier at that property.
You are welcome to bring along up to two well-behaved, house-trained dogs. We charge a $100 fee per pet (for Airbnb/VRBO bookings only). Please describe your furry friend and their breed, behavior, and personality. We look forward to hosting them as well!
WEATHER AND OUTAGES
No refunds for snow storms, poor regional air quality, or weather-related outages (Comcast, PG&E, etc). We encourage you to stay informed as best you can about weather forecasts and any planned electric utility outages. Both properties have an automatic generator to supply power to the house during a power outage. The generator will not, however, maintain broadband internet or cable television if the Comcast substations go down due to a widespread power outage. We may have an emergency internet workaround, but that is not guaranteed. We do our best to provide you with full amenities, but rural mountain life has its challenges.
Please limit noise after 10 pm out of respect for our neighbors. We do have full-time residents close by and we ask that you respect them.
PINECONE COTTAGE HOT TUB RULES
- Please shower before enjoying the hot tub
- No children under 6 may enter the hot tub (it is not safe for their little bodies).
- No more than 4 people in the hot tub at a time.
- No food or glass containers are allowed near the hot tub (we provide plastic).
- You may adjust the temperature if needed, but please do not turn the hot tub off.
- No jumping or roughhousing – please be careful.
- The cover must be replaced when not in use (helps conserve energy).
- No sitting on or lying on the hot tub cover.
- Please turn off jets and lights after use.
- No soaps or oils in the hot tub.
- We clean and service the tub weekly (usually Tuesday or Wednesday mornings). The technician may need brief access to the tub during your stay.
- Evidence of contamination that requires a professional drain and refill will incur a $250 hot tub cleaning fee.
- Damage to the cover will incur a $400 cover replacement fee.
To look out for snow levels and deliveries, and to protect the property, there are two outside security cameras overlooking the driveway.
Note: Pinecone Cottage has a security camera on the back deck, but it is not in view of the hot tub.
NO SMOKING or vaping is allowed anywhere on the property.